Comprehensive Allergy & Asthma Testing
Find relief from your allergies this season at the Allergy and Asthma Center of Lansdowne, Virginia. We help patients alleviate their symptoms with comprehensive allergy and asthma testing and treatment options.
Whether you are a young child or a senior citizen, we treat everyone at our center. Our physicians are experienced adult and pediatric caregivers who design personalized treatment plans. We treat patients for:
- Chronic Sinusitis and Sinus Disease
- Food Allergies
- Eczema and Allergic Skin Diseases
- Recurrent Infections
- Eosinophilic Diseases
- Pets or Animals Allergies
Identifying a particular allergen is the first step in our treatment process. By correctly identifying the allergen, we are able to proceed with the proper treatment plan. Our services include:
- Environmental and Food Allergen Testing
- Laboratory Testing for Allergies
- Allergy Immunotherapy (Allergy Shots)
- Pulmonary (Lung) Function Testing
- Patch Testing for Contact Dermatitis
- Immune Evaluations (Laboratory Test)
- Oral Challenges for Food Allergies
- Penicillin Skin Testing
- Rapid Strep Testing and Throat Cultures
- Influenza Vaccine (Flu Shots) and Influenza Testing (Flu Tests)
- Sinus Cultures
- Evaluation of Eczema and Other Skin Rashes
- Evaluation of Chronic Sinus Disease
Skin Test Policy
If you would like to be skin tested, please discontinue your antihistamines (i.e. zyrtec, claritin, benadryl, etc.) for at least five to seven days before your appointment. You may continue your asthma medications, including any necessary inhalers, Singulair™, and oral steroids.
If you are unable to discontinue your antihistamines, you may still undergo allergy testing via laboratory testing. Please inform our staff if you cannot stop your antihistamines prior to your visit.
If you are on a beta-blocker (i.e. atenolol, timolol, etc.), we are unable to perform a skin test. Please do not stop your beta-blockers without consulting the prescribing physician. As an alternative, patients will need to consent to laboratory testing.
Contact us with any questions regarding the conditions we treat, or our testing and treatment options.